SLOGAN

BEYOND THE BANDS. BEYOND THE VENUE. BEYOND THE MUSIC. THIS BLOG BRINGS FORTH ALL THAT IS METAL.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

JSR Direct Iced Earth Sale

JSR Direct, one of the most important Metal merchants on the web. For those of us who don't have the convenience of having a certain scenester store in the confines of a huge mall, there is always internet based stores to help us replenish our uniforms. Typically, they sell merchandise Metal legions actually want rather than the flavor of the month the aforementioned scenester store offers.


Today's posts brings you something called value.


To honor Iced Earth latest album Dystopia, JSR Direct decided to hold a sale to move some items from inventory to make way for the new schwag.

I purchased 2 shirts, a sweater, a keychain, and a flag, so I can put it on my motorcycle and let everyone know who is the most kick ass band in the history of the known and unknown world.


Keep in mind, if I had to purchase these items before the sale, it would have costed me $99.32 ($15.95 for each shirt (x2 = $31.90) + $42.95 for the sweater + $3.95 for the key chain + $4.95 for the flag + $15.57 shipping = $99.32) for everything. By the end of this post, you will understand why it was granted access to the halls of Channel 13.

The first shirt is Set Abominaes head blown up in glory detail to showcase the world a mascot that can destroy other mascots, with the exception of Eddie (of Iron Maiden, which cannot be destroyed at all).


The second shirt showcases Set Abominae going through the 3D glasses effect.

When was the last time you saw the word "FUCK" in a Iced Earth shirt?

The next item on the shopping list was the Iced Earth sweater from the Framing Armageddon album. I have (among many) a funny story about this sweater. I went to ProgPower 8 when Iced Earth played the festival for their first time, and I saw these at the vendor section, and I bought one. On the day I left for the Airport in Atlanta, I noticed the sweater had some kind of damage on the bottom part, like it was caught on fire. So much for a refund.


The next item I ordered was the Iced Earth flag, and as with any other country, the Iced Earth nation has a flag to look up to.


The final item to fill the basket was the Iced Earth Keychain. I figured since I am ordering all these goods might as well throw it in to the foray.

Now for the $666,666 question, if there was a sale on these articles, what was the final tally? Here's the rundown:

Set Abominae Rising Shirt = $7.95
Set Abominae in 3D Shirt = $7.95
Framing Armageddon Sweater = $6.95
Flag = $4.95
Keychain = $3.95
Shipping = $15.57
GRAND TOTAL OF EPIC GLORY = $47.32

And if you need proof, here's the screenshot of my order on the JSR Direct website:


For less than a hoodie on another Metal Web Merchant (minus shipping) I managed to snag all of these items.

As of this post, the sale is still raging, but as with anything else (especially merch), supplies limited, so get to it, this is Heavy Metal value at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment