SLOGAN

BEYOND THE BANDS. BEYOND THE VENUE. BEYOND THE MUSIC. THIS BLOG BRINGS FORTH ALL THAT IS METAL.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Skull Ash Trays

As I will always say before and always, travel is a natural trait amongst Metalheads. Think about it for a minute, the very first Metalheads, the Vikings, were known for being long distance voyagers, but why? For starters, they were looking for things, like food, clothing, jewelry and knickknacks. The modern Metalhead is not very different than their ancient Scandinavian predecessors, as we travel to look for foods we typically don't eat (Rock N Roll Ribs, Heavy Burger), clothing (The many shops and stores in Europe and their festivals), jewelry (let's be frank, the aforementioned stores have it) and knickknacks (Let's just go with the Haribo candy we typically don't find in the USA. I know, this should go under food, but still).

Todays find takes us to the recent Iced Earth 2012 Florida Tour I and some awesome friends embarked on. Introducing the Skull Ash Trays.


While filling up on some gas at a local Broward county Circle K, my travel buddy Alex Flores (of Sinistre Division) brought to my attention this porcelain of steel greatness, and needless to say, it definitely is a kick ass way of putting down your cigarettes while engaging in a conversation about Metal albums and hot chicks.


My personal favorite of the batch would be the square one with the Black Skull Iron Cross, as aside from one of my favorite symbols being emblazed on it, it also has black skull with wings on it.


I'm not a smoker at all, but I will be the first to admit that if I was, I'd definitely pick up one of these and have those conversations about Metal albums and hot chicks. Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment