SLOGAN

BEYOND THE BANDS. BEYOND THE VENUE. BEYOND THE MUSIC. THIS BLOG BRINGS FORTH ALL THAT IS METAL.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Rock The Gulp Tour '09 Guitars

Back in 2009, 7-Eleven had a promotion called Rock The Gulp, and while I have completely forgotten what the promotion was for, something very awesome came out of it:
With this, I can command thee to enjoy carbonated, syrupy, and sugary drinks with the soul of a Viking. Or, if you really want to push the boundaries of Heavy Metal, fill with Meade or Beer.

The guitars came with a ice funnel, in case your beverage needed a Scandinavian cool down.


To say this was a major find is a
n understatement. One day before going to work to fill my tank (as in my stomach) I stumbled upon them at the local 7-Eleven, and I bought 4 of each color. 2 have been passed along to my best bud, Stefan (from Radio Gehacktes fame), and his lovely wife Astrid in the Metal Capital of the world, Germany. The remaining guitars are still in my possession, awaiting more who are worthy of receiving such a gift from the Metal Gods.

The guitars are a work of art, and are based on the Gibson SG models. For the type of promotional item it is, a lot of detail went into it, and at $10 each, a definite value.


The guitars came with stickers to decorate them, and as you can see from one of the stickers, it definitely had the Spinal Tap spirit very loud.


Final Verdict: Very little to gripe about, the only negative was the stickers with the hands, keep the DAMN THUMB IN! IT’S NOT I LOVE YOU, IT’S HEAVY F’N METAL!6!6!6! And they didn’t make any black guitars. Other than that, a very cool cup to have around in case your in the mood for some long air guitaring and need the occasional refreshment to cool you down \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment